Femi Kuti, veteran Nigerian afrobeat star and son of Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti, in a new interview with Wazobia Max, explains how he struggled to get out of his father’s shadow to make a name for himself.
He explains that he was never christened “Femi” and his first name was actually “Olufela” but was changed by his mother to Femi so as not to be put in the shadow of Fela. He also reveals the steps he took to create a name for himself stressing that he “can never be Fela Kuti” because he is Femi Kuti.
Watch the video below;
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on