THERE is no grain of truth in the impression created by the police that the former minister of finance and chieftain of Afenifere, Chief Olu Falae was released by his abductors without paying ransom.
A family member of the elder statesman said contrary to the claim by the police authorities, ransom was paid before Chief Falae was eventually released
The family source also berated the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase of claiming the glory for Falae’s release saying the police boss just came to Ondo for jamboree “because Police did not have any input in Baba’s release.”
The former Secretary to the Government of the Federation and national chairman of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) was kidnapped in his farm at Ilado in Akure North Local Government Area by suspected Fulani herdsmen. He regained his freedom after spending four days in the kidnappers’ den
“I wonder why people don’t investigate well before talking. It will be very unfair to give any kudos to the police over Chief Falae’s release having being held hostage for four days.
“If we relied on Police to rescue Baba and ignored his abductors on the ransom they demanded by now we would have been telling another story. But we thank God our Baba came back alive.”
“So, in this kind of development, we should wait and be listening to the police? My brother, forget. As far as I know, the police didn’t play any role in his release. The family played ball with the abductors, and they took him back to his farm where he was kidnapped and dropped him there. “Baba even said it when he got home that after the abductors had concluded their arrangements with his family, they took him back to his farm at Ilado and dropped him there.
“Baba said when his abductors dropped him, he trekked several kilometers from his farm to a hotel in owo where he met some policemen and introduced himself as Chief Olu Falae. That was how the Police got to know of his release and hijacked the whole process as if they are the one who rescued him. Only an unreasonable person will still give kudos to the police for the Chief’s release. We know who and who we should thank, not the police,” the furious family source said.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on