T he Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) – a Specialized Technical Health Agency of the African Union is offering A Full scholarship program to Africans to undertake a Full time degree program in Epidemiology at the University of the Witwatersrand.
The scholarship will focus on candidates currently working with the National Public Health Institutes in their respective countries.
Applications Deadline: August 31, 2018
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Applicants must be citizens of and resident in any of the 55 African Union Member States, and working with a National Public Health Institute
- Applicants must be a holder of a honours degree or equivalent in a relevant field, an MBBCh or another health-related degree, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours or equivalent.
- Applicants should be 35 years or younger by 31st August 2018
- Applicants must be able to commit to work in a National Public Health Institute in an African Union Member State on completion of studies for at least three (3) years
- Applicants must have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language
How To Apply: The application process are usually in two folds:
The application for the scholarship must be done separately. Interested candidates should send the following:
- Completed application form
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae including a description of relevant research and work experience and names and contacts of two referees
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified copy of bio-data page of Passport or National Identity Card
- Evidence of application to study in the MSc Programme at the University of the Witwatersrand of the School of Public Health commencing in the 2019 academic year
- Completed application form and all other required documents (a-f above) MUST be sent to [email protected]
Visit The Official Website For More Information