Croatia captain Luka Modric rejected suggestions that the Blazers strolled to a 2-0 win over Nigeria in their Group D Russia 2018 World Cup opener in Kaliningrad on Saturday.
The Real Madrid star insisted they worked off their socks to seal victory over the Super Eagles.
“It was not an easy win for us because we played a good side,” the former Tottenham midfielder, who scored Croatia’s second goal told reporters after the encounter.
“It was a difficult match for us but we started creating chances after we scored the first goal.
“We practiced a lot of set-pieces in our training and we are happy that our goals came from there.
“The win has boosted our confidence and we hope to pick up a point against Argentina.”
He added, “It was very important that we won the first match in the World Cup and it’s a perfect moment for us.”
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on