Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos have arrested a South African-based Nigerian, Ayoola Adebayo, with 3.920kg of substances found to be methamphetamine.
A statement by the agency’s spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, on Friday stated that the drug was concealed in false bottom of the two bags the suspect wanted to check-in at the departure hall of the airport.
It added that the arrest took place during the outward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight to South Africa.
NDLEA commander at the airport, Mr. Ahmadu Garba, said the case was being investigated.
The suspect, who is married with two children and holds a Higher National Diploma in Estate Management from Osun State College of Technology in 2006, said he made a mistake getting involved in drug trafficking, saying he never knew he could be caught.
He said, “I sell food and small household goods in Pretoria and I have lived in South Africa for over three years. My friend in Pretoria asked me to bring the two bags to him. He bought my return ticket and gave me N150,000.
“I thought the drug would not be detected because it was neatly concealed. This is a big mistake on my part because I have sustained my family with the grocery business. It will not happen again if I can get out of this problem.”
The Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the Agency, Ahmadu Giade, said in anticipation of the increase in drug trafficking at the airports, seaports and land borders, the agency had taken additional measures to detect hidden drugs at all exit and entry points in the country. He added that the suspect would soon be arraigned in court.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on