Legendary musician, Ras Kimono is dead. He passed away in the morning of June 10th, on Sunday morning in Lagos.
Metro News reports that he was scheduled to travel to the United States on Saturday night, but complained of not feeling too well.
He was rushed to a hospital in Ikeja, Lagos, then later taken to Lagoon Hospital on the Island.
Music veterans, Tony Okoroji and Sir Shina Peters have confirmed the incident.
Ras Kimono was one of the veterans from the 90’s who continued to remain relevant on the music scene, mentoring and contributing to the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Ekeleke Elumelu, popularly known as Ras Kimono was born in Delta State, Nigeria. He started out his career, firstly as a student of Gbenoba Secondary School Agbor and later as a member of the legendary Jastix Reggae Ital, alongside Majek Fashek, Amos McRoy Jegg and Black Rice Osagie.
His music was greatly influenced by the poverty, inequality and hardship he witnessed in his early life. He released his solo debut album “Under pressure” on the Premier Music label in 1988, which propelled him to instant continental stardom. The album had hits like “Under pressure”, “Rasta get jail” and the massive hit “Rhumba style”.
You May Also Like
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on