Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers state, says no amount of intimidation can stop him from implementing the recommendations of the panel which probed the administration of Rotimi Amaechi, his predecessor.
Wike said this on Wednesday when he received the report of the commission at the government house in Port Harcourt.
He said he would soon make the content of the report public and disclose the next line of action.
“We will make sure that we swing into action immediately to see that the recommendations by the commission are implemented,” Simeon Nwakaudu, the governor’s special assistant on media, quoted him as saying.
“We will not be intimidated by anybody or group of persons. So many things have been done to discredit your commission. But I know when the hands of a person are not clean, he resorts to the media.
“I know the threats you (chairman of the panel) and your members faced. But what is important in life is once you are clean and your conscience is clear, go ahead and do what is right.”
Omereji added that two suits filed by Amaechi and Augustine Wokocha, a former commissioner in the state, delayed the work of the commission.
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on