FIFA ethics committee has suspended its president Sepp Blatter for 90 days. Head of the committee, Klaus Stoehlker, who has advised Blatter in the past, says the committee made the ruling pending further investigations by the Swiss attorney general following accusations of corruption.
He described it as a “pending” verdict, and said no negative finding had been made against the head of world football’s governing body.
The announcement comes just hours after Blatter criticized the criminal investigation against him in Switzerland, describing it as “outrageous”. He also defended his decision to remain as head of the football organising body and not step down immediately, as worldwide sponsors have urged.
The 90-day suspension is the longest FIFA’s ethics committee can hand down while they carry out their investigation.
Last month, the Swiss attorney general announced that Blatter will face charges of “criminal mismanagement” and “misappropriation.” Among the charges is an allegation that Blatter gave a “disloyal payment” to UEFA president Michel Platini totaling 2 million francs ($2.1 million). That payment is alleged to have been made three months before Platini announced he would not run against Blather in the 2011 FIFA presidential election.
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on