President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the removal of all military check points nationwide and has directed that police should take control of internal security.
Addressing State House correspondents after a meeting between the president and service chiefs, the Permanent Secretary in the ministry of defence, Alhaji Ismail Aliyu said the president directed the security chiefs to liaise with the Police on taking over internal security.
According to the Permanent Secretary, the meeting with the security chiefs was to give them the opportunity to brief the president on the implementations of recent decisions reached on the fight against insurgency.
He also said that the military high command briefed the president on the relocation of the command centre to Maiduguri as directed by the president on the day of his inauguration.
Source : Vanguard
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on