Barely two weeks after some fulani herdsmen attacked and kidnapped the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF, Chief Olu Falae, some herdsmen have again destroyed the same farmland.
The farm Manager Bruno Akhigbodemen conducted newsmen round the farm located at Ilado in Akure North Council area of Ondo State
Over one kilometer plantation of maize was destroyed during the invasion at about 2am on Monday.
Akhigbodemen said that the herdsmen arrived the farm with their cows and wrecked the havoc despite the horrible experience the workers and their boss had in the last two week sequel to their menace.
He pointed out that effort by the guards to prevent the destruction of the farmland were rebuffed as they were threatened by the herdsmen until their cows grazed to their satisfaction.
The farm Manager said that the former Finance minister has reported the latest destruction to the state Police Command for necessary action.
Vanguard learnt that following the complaint by Chief Falae, some detectives from the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) were immediately deployed to the farm on Monday.
They reportedly combed the neighboring villages for the suspects but they were unable to make any arrest.
Report had it that the search still continues as some detectives still keep vigil in the village.
It was gathered that the police authority has invited leaders of the herdsmen in the state who stood surety for those that were arrested and released during the last invasion when over N500, 000 worth of farm products were destroyed.
Akhigbodemen described the destruction of the farm last week sunday as devastating.
He appealed to the government and the security operatives to act decisively on the menace of the herdsmen.
Chief Falae could not be reached for comment on the destruction of his farmland which is coming after his kidnapped and payment of N5m ransom to free him from his abductors.
It would be recalled that the former Minister for Finance has been having issues with the fulani herdsmen whose cows have on several occasions destroyed his farmland.
He is billed to travel abroad this weekend for medical treatment after his horrifying experience which he described as ” hell”.
The latest destruction according to findings is the fifth within two months.
They were released after some of their leaders wrote an undertaker that they would pay compensation and would not encroach on the farm again.
No fewer than three policemen have been deployed to his Oba Ile residence since his kidnap last month.
Contacted on the Sunday invasion and destruction of the farm by the Fulani herdsmen, the Police Image Maker Femi Joseph said that he is not aware of the incident.
Joseph was recently posted to the state and made the Command spokesman last week.
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on