Suspected armed robbers on Tuesday attacked Union bank in Ilawe-Ekiti, Ekiti State, leaving two people dead in the process.
In the operation that lasted over one hour, the robbers killed a policeman and a bank staff. Another bank worker was also reportedly shot in the arm.
The Ilawe robbery attack happened barely a month after another old generation bank was attacked in Ifaki-Ekiti in which a police inspector was killed.
The robbers stormed the bank which is located close to the Alawe’s Palace, at about 2.45 pm and operated unhindered for over an hour. They reportedly blasted the bank’s security door with dynamite before gaining entrance.
The dynamite also blew up a blue colour Toyota Camry car parked within the vicinity of the bank. The robbers reportedly stole an unspecified amount of money.
It can be recalled that at least four police officers were reportedly gunned down during a robbery operation in Offa, Kwara State, last month.
About six other residents and bank customers in the town were also killed in the operation which lasted for more than an hour.
Sources in the town said the robbers blew up entrances into the banks with dynamite, before carting away money from about five banks.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on