SENATOR Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom North West) has called on his colleague Ben Murray-Bruce (Bayelsa East) to ensure he completes the Ibom Tropicana Project awarded to him or face the consequences.
Mr Akpabio made the call on Wednesday when he defected to the All Progressive Congress, (APC).
He was governor of the Akwa Ibom State twice on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).
Akpabio, a first timer at the Senate, launched verbal attacks on Murray-Bruce for implicating him as the chief planner of the siege laid at the National Assembly on Tuesday.
Murray-Bruce had mentioned his name as the arrow head of the attack launch at the parliament. But the former governor denied participation in the attack.
Akpabio said he was on his way to the state for his planned defection when he heard his name was mentioned as the arrow head of what some Nigerians described as a legislative coup.
“Tell Senator Ben Murray-Bruce to complete the Ibom Tropicana Project,” he said refusing to disclose further information on his new claim.
Effort by HEADLINE to get the Bayelsa lawmaker to comment for this story was unsuccessful as he did not pick telephone calls placed to his known phone numbers. He did not also reply an sms sent to him as at press time.
Earlier, the former governor said the state was now an APC state.
“I want you to know that from today Akwa Ibom is now an APC state,” the lawmaker who is a former governor of the state said.
He said his defection to the APC is for the interest of the state.
“I am in APC to link the state to the centre,” Akpabio added.
Akpabio defected with his supporters who included lawmakers of the state assembly, some of the recently sacked commissioners of the state and various chieftains of the PDP in the state.
The occasion took place at the Ikot Ekpene Township stadium where mammoth crowd gathered to witness the event.
Present to witness his defection were the National Chairman of APC, Adams Oshiomhole; the secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha; national leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu among others.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on