It occurs to me that most people don’t understand the art behind sliding into DM’s, that’s why they get rejected and sometimes come to cry on the TL. From my recent findings, many guys really suck at this and they are giving us a bad name. Here are some tips to help you.
1. Stop sliding into the DM with certain words like ” Hey dear”, “pretty damsel”.it’s frankly annoying. If you don’t know what to say, a simple “Good Morning, how are you doing today?” will suffice. Also, please do not abbreviate. No girl wants to see “Xup, hw u doin?”.
2. Don’t go, DMing random ladies, you haven’t flowed with on the TL before. Most ladies look at your avi if it’s recognisable or your handle. If it’s foreign to them, they might not reply. It’s best to at least banter on the TL once or twice before sliding in.
3. Be creative. Don’t be predictable. Good morning is okay but it’s boring. You won’t get her attention with “good morning”.
If you have been engaging each other on the TL previously, you can say something like “It will be criminal if I don’t continue the conversation here 😁” this will definitely make her smile a bit which makes it easier to continue with the conversation. Don’t just type Hi or Hello or Hey without following it up with something. They are probably getting 30 of such messages. Make it catchy and she will click on it
4. DON’T ASK FOR PICTURES. It ruins shit. If you want to see more of her in order to make an informed decision about her beauty and physical endowment, say something like ” it seems I’ve seen you on Instagram, what’s your Instagram handle?” then go and check pictures. Simple
5. Know how to carry a conversation and the appropriate things to say. You can’t be saying “baby” “my love” when you just started talking. You also can’t be talking dirty except she has given you the vibe either from the TL or there. Know how to read the other party. Don’t say, “tell me about yourself ” Say, ” well, I want to get to know you more but let me tell you a bit about myself though” This way, you have given her a format to follow and the conversation will flow naturally from there.
6. Watch when you text to get a good conversation going. Don’t text in the afternoon except you see she’s active on Twitter. People have jobs If you want to Slide in and get the ball rolling, target after 4pm or in the afternoon (if it appears that she’s active at the time).
7. The worst time to DM a lady is when her photo blows up. Man! You got to use your sense Once you see a hot picture with numerous engagements, best believe there are over 100 thirsty guys saying rubbish. Don’t DM. It will get lost in the rubble Wait till the fame dies down also, make sure she follows you before you DM. You can even say “kfb” in the TL because if she doesn’t, it will fall into requests. Most of them don’t accept the message requests. Do your research, DM before she blows.
8. Have self-respect as a Man. You are a Man. Once you text twice and you don’t get a reply over a span of 5days, delete that shit and move on like it never happened. You win some, you lose some. Don’t go writing “hello” 77 times in someone’s DM.
9. DM within your League and social circle. I won’t DM some people because I know they want money and I don’t have money. Respect yourself You know some want marriage, if you don’t want, don’t DM. They will assess you and probably never answer; however, this is not to say that you should be scared about DMing ladies with plenty of followers. DM them! Nothing dey happen They are normal people, just with plenty of followers. If you engage them well, they can las las fall in love, gba be.
Don’t be too quick to ask for a number. Let it flow naturally You can also say something like ” too bad Twitter doesn’t have an audio feature, would really love to hear your voice” Then ask THIS IS NOT ON THE FIRST DAY OH
Finally, Don’t insult a lady because she doesn’t want to chat with you Be a gentleman and take your L in peace. No silly talks about Shiloh or the likes Also, and I cannot emphasize this enough., DON’T SEND di*ck PICTURES. HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT FOR YOURSELF