The school was shut in August based on the orders of Governor Ibikunle Amosun after students demanded a further reduction in school fees and demanded its immediate implementation.
On Sunday, the Head, Corporate Affairs Division, Vice-Chancellor’s Office of the University, Niyi Oduwole, said the reopening was based on the approval of the university’s governing council.
He said lectures are to start on September, 29, in continuation of the suspended 2013/2014 academic session.
According to the statement, the Students Union Government had in 2008 signed an agreement with the then state government to increase school fees by 20 per cent annually.
Mr. Oduwole said in response to recent students demand for a 40 per cent downward review of the current fees, the state government reduced the fees by about 40 per cent and, in some cases, down to 60 per cent; as well as abolished the dichotomy between indigenes and non-indigenes.
He said the new arrangement was to start in the 2014/2015 session since there was no budgetary provision for the short fall in the current year’s financial appropriation, a stance the students protested.
According to him, the students’ union government has now agreed with the university management on the fees and the commencement date of 2014/2015 session.
The official said all returning students are expected to sign an undertaken to be of good behaviour while an investigating panel would be set up to look at the immediate and remote causes of the disturbances and suggest ways of preventing such in the future.
“It may also recommend appropriate sanctions for anyone that might have violated his matriculation oath. All returning students are to check the university website for details of fees payment guidelines for the session,” Mr. Oduwole said.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on