40 year-old New York-based artist, Kehinde Wiley’s portrait of former United States President, Barack Obama, has finally been unveiled.
The paintings were revealed Monday at the gallery, which is part of the Smithsonian group of museums. The gallery has a complete collection of presidential portraits.
“How about that? That’s pretty sharp,” said Obama, who described the art as “extraordinary”. He said: “It’s my great honor to be here. It means so much to us.”
Kehinde Wiley, born to a Nigerian father and an African American mother, is world-renowned for his portraits of young black men adorned in the latest in hip-hop street style.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on