Its high time to informed you that the causes of your battery draining less than an hour/not
reaching it potentials after being fully charged has nothing to do with the manufacturer of
the battery or mobile phone most times.
In this article, you will learn some tips about your battery. The things you need to do to
your battery before charging, during charging and after charging.
1. If you just bought a new phone/new battery, keep it connected to the mains (wall outlet)
for between 6 to 10 hours at a stretch. Ignore the “battery full” notification that you get
after 2 to 3 hours. The battery is not yet full, so keep it connected.
2. Do not use the vibrate function on your phone as it is a big drain on power. It may
sound inconvenient but you just have to do it. Create different profile that is one should be
“VIBRATE THEN RING” and the other should be “RING ONLY”. So when you are outdoor,
set it as “VIBRATE THEN RING” probably for those who doesn’t know when their phone
rings while it is in their pocket. I suggest you use hands free if you can’t use those mention
above, but ensure to return it to “RING ONLY” when you are indoor.
3.IF PHONE/BATTERY WAS JUST PURCHASED;TO GET MAXIMUM USAGE: Charge your
battery only when it is completely empty. Note: if you don’t give your battery the extended
charge(6-10 hours), it will take longer for it to reach the full potential- or it never will. Once
it get used to not being fully charged that way, the rest is history.
Every now and then, let your battery run out completely till the phone shutdown. Switch it
back on and then immediately plug in the charger till it is fully charged. By this,2 or 3 hours
of charging is okay. Repeat this process about once a week or more.
4.Note that leaving background application running drains your battery, so if you know you
don’t need them, don’t run them at that moment.
5. Always give the battery a full charge, avoid partial full charge if you can.
6. Reducing the volume of warning tones improves your battery life
7. Turn your phone off when you are not using it. E.g. while sleeping. (This depends on
8. Turn off the wifi features of your phone when not in use.
9. Always keep the battery contacts clean. You may clean the edges using spirit.
10. Keep the phone away from heat and magnetic objects.
12. Over charging of battery reduces its life.
13. Always use original charger for charging the phone.
14. if the mobile has a camera with flash, switch off the flash when not in use
15. Avoid restarting the phone too often as it can severely hamper the battery life.
16. Turn off your GPS if you do not need it for navigation or geo-tagging of pictures or videos.
17. Turn off your Bluetooth/Infrared if you don’t need them for either headset connection or other devices.
18. Also, turn off 3G mode and stick to 2G(i.e UMTS/DUAL MODE TO GSM MODE). Do this only when you don’t need a fast data connection or video calls.
19. Always properly switch off your mobile(Never directly remove battery)
20 Use automatic network selection option instead of manual selection.
21. Use hands free instead of speaker/ringer to listen to music.
22. Reduce the back light/keypad light time
23. Do not use any flash or animation as wallpaper
24. Always keep off screen saver
25. It’s also not advisable to use and charge at the same time
26. Avoid the use of car chargers as it damage your battery bit by bit. Remember, the current coming from the car is not regulated sometimes.
27. Avoid the use of desktop chargers. Its only meant for boosting batteries that are completely dead and cant be powered on by mere charger at first.
28. In conclusion, there is no problem in charging the battery often although you can improve battery indicator and battery life by discharging it every 15-20 minutes in order to recalibrate it.
30 Free feel to add more of what u know can help others improve their battery life.
CRITICISMS AND SUGGESTION ARE WELCOME FROM THE READERS OF THIS TEXT. I CLAIM NO PERFECTION. IT IS NOT AN ATTRIBUTE OF MAN.
DISCLAIMER: You agree to following these steps at your own free will and I shall not be held responsible for any loss resulting from this article.
However,I have applied every steps personally.
This article is for educational purposes only.