A middle aged man who consumed a large quantity of dry gin on Friday, unfortunately kicked the bucket after he was hospitalised at the Kubwa General Hospital. He was taken to the hospital after consuming large volume of liquor which knocked him down.
Investigation by City News revealed that the deceased, 40, who left two wives and five children behind, was known to be a drunkard.
An eyewitness, Muhammed Ibrahim, said he saw the deceased at a bar purchasing the alcoholic drink, adding, “He gulped down bottles after bottles and fell unconscious immediately.”
Ibrahim said the man was rushed to the hospital for medical attention, with the hope of saving his life.
The bar owner, who said he didn’t want his name mentioned, said that customers were responsible for their actions.
“I want to sympathise with the family he left behind. They should take heart; what happened could not be prevented,” he said. The deceased’s family members could not be reached as they were all in shock at the time of filing this report.One of the doctors in the hospital confirmed the incident, adding that his remains had been buried by his relatives according to Islamic rites.