Barely a month after Muhammadu Buhari, became Nigeria’s President, many Nigerians are already reminding him of his campaign promises.
It would be recalled that the former head of state was sworn in as the country’s President on May 29, 2015, after he defeated former president Goodluck Jonathan.
In this regards, a famous social commentator, Ike Chidolue, on Saturday, June 27, went on his Facebook page to post 81 campaign promises made by Buhari.
Below are the campaign promises as posted by Chidolue:
1. Public declaration of assets and liabilities
2. State and community policing
3. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical care abroad
4. Implementation of the National Gender Policy, including 35% of appointive positions for women
5. Revival of Ajaokuta steel company
6. Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years.
7. Empowerment scheme to employ 740,000 graduates across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
8. Establishment of a free-tuition and scholarship scheme for pupils who have shown exceptional aptitude in science subjects at O/Levels to study ICT-related courses.
9. 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation yearly (20,000 per state).
10. Three million Jobs per year