…AS PHARRELL, DEMI LOVATO, A$AP ROCKY, OTHERS JOIN PERFORMER LINE-UP
MTV is set to award Kanye West with the VMA’s highest honour, the “Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award,” for his career-spanning groundbreaking videos, legendary VMA performances, and continued impact on music, art, fashion, and culture The award will be presented during the live broadcast of the 2015 “MTV Video Music Awards” on Monday 31 August at 2AM.
MTV has also revealed that Pharrell Williams, Demi Lovato, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Tori Kelly, A$AP Rocky and Twenty One Pilots will be performing at the awards, alongside previously announced performer The Weeknd.
To download an image of the performers, please click here.
The “MTV Video Music Awards” will air live across Africa on MTV (DStv channel 130) from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, on Monday 31 August at 2AM (official pre-show starts at 1AM; the primetime simulcast takes place on MTV/MTV Base on Monday 31 August at 7PM (pre-show) and 8PM (main show, August 26, 2015)
Throughout his career, West has blended musical and visual artistry to powerful effect. From his trilogy of videos for “Jesus Walks,” to the mind-bending animation of “Heartless,” to the arresting imagery of “Bound 2”, he’s pushed boundaries and delivered something new with every successive video.
West joins the prestigious list of past Vanguard recipients including Michael Jackson, Madonna, Peter Gabriel, Guns N’ Roses, Beastie Boys, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and BEYONCÉ.
The 2015 MTV VMAs will feature Miley Cyrus as host. Additional performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.
MTV has teamed up with world-renowned fashion designer Jeremy Scott to redesign the MTV Moonman for the 2015 “MTV Video Music Awards.” As homage to Jeremy and his creative talent, the 2015 VMA Moonman encapsulates the true iconic essence of both the fashion designer and the network. From the distinct color of the TV color bars, to the peace sign necklace, to Jeremy’s signature sneakers, the redesign of statue is part of MTV’s long-standing history of bridging the gap between the world of fashion and music.
Artists who win a 2015 “Video Music Award” will take home a special-edition Jeremy Scott Moonman, which was created exclusively for this year’s show.
The 2015 “MTV Video Music Awards” will air across MTV’s global network of channels in more than 160 countries and territories, reaching more than half a billion households around the world.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on