FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SIGNS $6.68 BILLION CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH CCECC FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ADDENDUM NO.4 IBADAN-KADUNA SEGMENT OF LAGOS/ KANO RAIL LINE
The Federal Government has today signed a Contract Agreement of $6.68 Billon on the Ibadan – Kaduna Railway Segment of the Lagos-Kano Railway Line with the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CC.ECC).
Addressing Journalists shortly after signing the Contract Agreement, the Honourable Minister of Transportation Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi said that the Contract Agreement is for the implementation of Addendum no. 4 Ibadan- Kaduna segment of the Lagos- Kano Rail line at the cost of $6.68 billion
“This one is Ibadan- Kaduna Rail Line which is part of the Lagos-Kano rail line” he said. The Hon. Minister added that the completion time of the contract should between 2-3 year depending on the availability of funds.
Rt. Hon Rotimi Amaechi promised that the Ministry should be able to provide its counterpart funding between this year and next year budget provision.
The Ibadan- Kaduna Standard Gauge line will pass through Oshogbo-ilorin-Minna to Kaduna, with a single track branch line from Oshogbo to Ado- Ekiti.
This Contract is in fulfilment of Federal government’s plan to complete the Lagos- Kano rail modernization Project which was started in 2006 and broken into Segments for implementation in 2008. The Segmentation phase commenced in Abuja- Kaduna Rail Line in 2011 which was completed and commissioned into Commercial operation by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016.
The Federal government in March 2017 commenced implementation of the second leg of the Lagos – Kano line which is the Lagos-Ibadan Rail line that is currently on-going and is planned to be completed by the end of 2018.
Signing of this Ibadan –Kaduna Segment Contract Agreement today concludes all outstanding Segment of Lagos – Kano Rail Line.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on