The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that it did not cancel results of its 2020 UTME held on Saturday, March 14 and on Monday, March 16.
The JAMB’s head of media and information, Fabian Benjamin, made the clarification in an interview with the newsmen on Wednesday, March 18, in Lagos state.
Benjamin said: “JAMB wishes to reassure all candidates who have written this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) so far that it has not cancelled any of its examination or results.
“All results that have been released so far are intact and therefore there is no need for any panic whatsoever. Results of the 469,000 candidates who wrote on Monday have been released and candidates are to check their results by typing ‘RESULT’ and sending to 55019 with their unique telephone numbers for their scores.”
Earlier, The Herald reported that the JAMB said results of the 312,000 candidates that sat for Saturday’s 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination nationwide have been released.
The Board’s Head, Media, and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, disclosed this in Lagos state on Monday, March 16. Benjamin, however, urged all concerned candidates to check their profiles for the results.
According to him, “The board is optimistic that the entire exercise will be hitch-free. The Board is happy with the conduct of the examination on its first day, Saturday, March 14 and results are out.
“This is not to say that we did not register one or two technical hitches. There is no way anyone can embark on such massive exercise without a few hitches.
“However, the good thing is that, as soon as our attention is drawn to such hitches, we tackle them immediately. So, the Board is fully on ground to take on these hitches as they come, but in all, we are happy with the conduct of the examination so far.”