10minutes with Cocoice(@cocoicenaija) by Edward Fortune(@hedword26)

The very first time I met this dynamic rapper that’s finally found grounds in the. Music industry was sometime in year 2011 at a place I like to describe as a home for upcoming artist (club Rehab). I went for a friends gig and sitted opposite me was a light skin diva clothed in a pair of sagged jeans and a tank top to match with a tinted hair (a mixture of red and gold) an hair style she has made her signature. Aside the looks and physical attributes she possessed that actually got me glued, one other thing that made me so engrossed staring at her was the fact that she was moving her lips to words only her and her God would understand.at that point, the only question on my mind was *WHAT. HER MISSION*???? In less than 30minutes, my question was answered as she grabbed the mic and swayed from left to right setting loose heavy punch lines that one would rapidly think LIL KIM was in the building… From that moment she became a *MOST BLOW* for me. Her debut single and video (if U don’t know) was more like a tribute to the late Dagrin and to also make lovers of rap music understand that music and rap can be done without the use of vulgar words….with a follow up video shot by Aina Matthew Abiodun a.k.a MATTMAX….one of the most sought after director who has registered his creativity with videos like Stupid love and voice of the street by OLAMIDE. And other notable artist received commendable applauds a feat which she took with so much humility and decided to take it to the next level with the hit video *IT’S ME* which enjoyed heavy rotation on notable stations worldwide..she’s shared stage with notable Nigeria artists like: Mode9, Tunde ednut, Olamide, Minjin, Iceprince to name a few… She’s set to drop what’s poised to be the biggest club banger anytime soon and I was honoured to have Cocoice on the hot sit for 10minutes and she just did justice to the toime we spent together….

> 1…. Whydid you choose to do rap?>

I’v always loved music as a kid, but I started writing poems first and I discovered I could rap because back then I used to listen to p.diddy, Nas, B.I.G, heavy D, Missy Elliot…. So I got inspired!>

 2. Your deal with Magikal Ent, shed more lights on it…

> Magikal entertainment is the management company I”m  working  with right now till I get a good record deal>

 3… Who exactly is Cocoice?

CocoIce is a versatile female emcee who is Hip, enterprising, talented and unique, Cocoice is a Brand!  And for my style of dressing, call that Edgy!

> 4.. Being a femcee, what stands you out consideryn the  fact that we have couple of femcee that are also competing  for the  number one spot?>

 1st,I will  say the fact that am indegineous, nobody does it like I do! But really My versatility stands me out completely.>

 5.Why did you  adapt the name “COCOICE”??
> That’s a question I always look forward to answering, Coco stands for coconut; rough on the outside and pure inside! Which stands for my experience so far in life and the fact that am able to deliver to my fans good music while the ice simply means breaking of the Ice.  

> 6..So far, would you say the  industry has been fair to you??
> Well, I would say only the determined can survive in this industry but with GOD, things are easy so and I thank GOD for how far HE has brought me but most importantly am been fair to the industry by delivering good music meaning that it will be fair eventually.

Facebook | Twitter
NaijaOlofofo.Com on BBM – 2A922OB8

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.