Okra is a plant also known as lady’s fingers which provides numerous health benefits. It is particularly beneficial for the treatment of conditions such as diabetes, asthma, anemia etc. The health benefits of okra come from the many nutrients it contains such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, manganese as well as vitamins A, B, C and K.
In addition, it contains high measures of cancer prevention agents like lutein and zeaxanthin, which enhance eye well being. Here are the main health benefits of this beneficial plant:
Boosts the immune system
Since it is very rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, okra strengthens the immune system and prevents various diseases.
Regulates cholesterol levels
The vegetable is high in fiber which regulates cholesterol levels and improves heart health.
Treats and prevents anemia
It stimulates the production of red blood cells and prevents and treats anemia.
Researchers have found that okra is one of the most powerful natural remedies against high blood sugar and diabetes. To treat diabetes, cut open a few okra pods, place them in a glass of water and leave them to soak overnight. In the morning, drink this water on an empty stomach. Repeat daily for a month to regulate blood sugar.
This plant is rich in fiber so it lowers the risk of colon cancer, and ensures proper bowel movements.
Strengthens the bones
Okra is rich in folate which supports bone health and prevents conditions like osteoporosis.
Improves skin health and quality
Okra helps the function of the digestive system and thus improves skin health and prevents various skin conditions.
Great for pregnant women
The high folate content lowers the risk of neural tube defects in infants.
Add okra to your diet and enjoy its amazing medicinal properties!
You May Also Like
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on