Human rights activist and renowned lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has dared the Muslims Rights Concern, MURIC, to sue his rapper son, Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz, if they are aggrieved by his trending ‘This is Nigeria’ video.
Recall that the group during the week released a statement, ordering Falz to take down “This is Nigeria” video which, according to them, ridicules their religion because some girls were seen in the footage wearing hijab and dancing Shaku Shaku.
They also threatened to take a legal action against the rapper after the expiration of the ultimatum given to him.
But reacting to the threat, the renowned lawyer told Vanguard that in as much as freedom of speech is constitutionally guaranteed in the country, nobody has the right to threaten another person.
According to him, the video in question contains a lot of messages and desired to be encouraged by anybody who has the interest of this country at heart.
Speaking further, Falana said he has confirmed that his son, who’s also a lawyer by profession is handling the threat within the ambit of the law.
“My son is a lawyer and I have confirmed that he’s handling the threat within the ambit of the law. The video in question contains a lot of messages and it should be encouraged by anybody who has the interest of our country at heart.
“Since the group has threatened to sue him or threatening to sue him. My son has promised that he would meet them in court. I support that decision.
“We all belong to this country, nobody can threaten another person. Freedom of speech is constitutionally guaranteed.
“If you are aggrieved as a result of any publication or record, the appropriate thing for you to do is to go to court. I’d hope that they will go to court at the expiration of the ultimatum given to my son,” said the renowned lawyer.
You May Also Like
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on