Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to take aim at Steven Gerrard after the captain was sent off just 38 seconds after coming on against Manchester United on Sunday.
The 34-year-old saw red for stamping on Ander Herrera and Liverpool were forced to play the majority of the second half at Anfield with 10 men.
After the game, which ended2-1 to United, Gerrard apologised for his actions and admitted that referee Martin Atkinson was right to send him off.
When Rodgers was asked about the incident in the post-match press conference, the Irishman said:
“He wanted to help the team so much, and I won’t criticise him. He’s been brilliant in my time here and sometimes these things happen. It doesn’t happen very often to our team, but it did today and it’s one we’ll move on from.
“Liverpool are now five points behind fourth-placed United in the Premier League table with eight games left to play.”
You May Also Like
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on