The Ekiti State Police Command has said it is ready to ensure security of lives and property during the campaign rally of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
The assurance followed an allegation by the opposition party that Governor Ayodele Fayose had hired members of the Oodua Peoples Congress, through the leader of the Peoples Democratic Party faction of the Stater House of assembly, Dele Olugbemi, to attack its members and its secretariats in the state.
The APC had on Monday raised the alarm over alleged plan by leaders of the PDP to attack Buhari and his convoy when coming for the Saturday presidential campaign rally.
In a terse response to our correspondent on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Victor Babayemi, said, “The command is not aware of any evil plot against General Muhamadu Buhari.”
He, however, assured the APC that the command was up to the task.
Babayemi added, “However, policing campaign rally is not new to us. You are aware of how effectively we plowed similar events in recent times.
“We have in place comprehensive security arrangements to carter for GMB. Therefore, no evil, if any, piloted by anyone against security of lives and property in the state, shall prosper. Not at this crucial time or ever, God willing.”
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on