Over 200 people were reportedly killed in the bomb blast that occurred yesterday afternoon at the Kano Central Mosque where the Emir of Kano usually leads prayers. Some eye-witnesses and rescue officials put the figure at 300, making it one the deadliest bomb attacks in Nigeria.
According to eyewitnesses, three bombs went off one after the other at the 10,000 capacity Mosque during the Friday Jumat prayers. Two went off inside the Mosque, and one outside. And when people tried to flee the scene, gun men opened fire on worshipers. Many of the casualties were children who couldn’t run as fast. Some were trampled to death in the mayhem that ensued.
When normalcy returned hours after the attack, the dead and wounded, said to be over 250, were taken to the Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital and the Nasarawa Hospital
The Emir of Kano was out of the country when the incident occurred. He’d left the night before.
President Jonathan also cancelled his meeting with Nigerians entertainers at the Creative Industry event last night because of the blast.
You May Also Like
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on