The draw was held at the headquarters of the Confederation of African Football in Cairo, Egypt and conducted by CAF’s Secretary-General Mr. Hicham El-Amrani.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the competition which is the third edition will hold from Jan. 11 to Feb. 1.
The event, which is exclusively for players based on the African continent, will be held in three host cities of Cape Town, Mangaung and Polokwane.
The Super Eagles will be making their first appearance at the 16-team continental championship after failing to make it to the 2009 and 2011 editions.
In the draw for other groups, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Burkina Faso and Morocco were drawn in Group B, while Group C has 2009 runners-up Ghana with Libya, Ethiopia and Congo.
In Group D, DR Congo will also battle it out with Gabon, Burundi and Mauritania in the first round matches.
NAN reports that there will be 32 matches played on 16 matchdays with Cape Town hosting two quarter-final games and the other two in Mangaung and Polokwane.
The semi finals will both take place in Mangaung, while Cape Town will host the final and third-place matches.
Tunisia beat Angola 3-0 to win the 2011 edition in Sudan, while DR Congo beat Ghana 2-0 to win the inaugural edition in Cote D’Ivoire.
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on