1. Stop wasting your time watching rubbish on TV
How many times have you sat through an entire TV programme and then ended up complaining about how awful it was? This experience is too common not to learn from. Be proactive. Switch off the TV when a programme is boring and put that time to use for something more productive.
2. Putting on your makeup before you go to the gym
Makes no sense. Because you are only going to get hot and sweaty when you work out and the makeup is going to wear off and spread haphazardly, making you look horrible and feel uncomfortable. So, really, why bother putting it on in the first place? Give makeup a miss and you’ll be surprised how much time you’ll save. Besides, ultimately, no one will notice anyway – it’s a gym, remember?
3. Worrying about what other people think
A useful tip on how to stop wasting time and become happier is to stop stressing about people’s opinion of you, as it’s an utter waste of your time. So long as you are happy with who you are, that’s all that counts. You won’t change other people’s mind about you anyway, so let them get on with it. Let it go.
4. Posting everything you do on social media
Are you a media house covering your own life? Are you one of those people who take photos of every event of the day and then pass it on as news onto your followers on social media? Work out how much time you are wasting on that and then ask yourself if the whole world really needs to know what you had for lunch or what you saw on your way to the shop.
Okay, admittedly, gossiping can be fun, but you have to draw the line somewhere. No one can resist a little bit of gossip, but it won’t actually get you anywhere with anything. Trim down your daily gossip quota and spend more time on yourself.
6. Chasing unrequited love
If you don’t seem to be making headway with your crush, then take the hint and give up the pursuit. If a person really isn’t interested into you, you should be able to accept things the way they are, and also to have the strength to move on.
7. Worrying about the past
You can’t change the past, so why worry about it? Think about it. Wallowing in regret, wondering if you could have done something differently, won’t make any difference to what you actually did. Forget it. Concentrate on what you are doing right now and how you can do it well and with happiness.
8. Doing things that you hate doing
If you hate doing it, why on earth are you doing it at all? Life is short, so fill it with the things that you enjoy. If it’s a chore that absolutely has to be done, then get it done quickly. If it’s something that isn’t essential then leave it and move on to something that will be fun and worthwhile.
9. Following the path that is getting you nowhere
This piece of advice applies equally to relationships and careers. If a chosen path doesn’t appear to be leading where you want it to, then change directions fast. Don’t waste your time being stuck within a place without passion and happiness. Get out and explore new opportunities – you’ll be surprised how many there are.
10. Complaining about how bad your life is
Look, everyone has issues. If you really do think that life has dealt you a bad hand, then deal with it and try and recover! Keep going. Complaining won’t fix any problems, so stand up for yourself and make the changes. You are the architect of your own happiness – take this job seriously.
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on