Jose Mourinho has insisted he has no intention of leaving Real Madrid at the end of the 2012-13 campaign amid reports that he is on his way out of the club.
A Spanish news outlet had reported earlier on Monday that the former Chelsea and Inter boss will depart the Blancos in the summer, but Mourinho has made it clear that he will not say farewell to his current club any time soon.
The Portuguese has had a series of bust ups with star players including Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas and Cristiano Ronaldo during a slow start to the league season that has seen them slip 11-points behind rivals Barcelona.
Mourinho has been jeered by sections of the Real Madrid crowd – prompting him to offer supporters the chance to vent their frustration by arranging to come to the side of the pitch 40 minutes before the weekend’s 2-0 defeat of second placed Atletico Madrid.
The reaction was mixed but with less than 5,000 fans inside the Bernabeu at the time, it offered little indication as to how the majority were feeling.
Nonetheless, it is being speculated that Mourinho and Madrid president Florentino Perez have agreed his tenure at the club will come to an end next summer. But Mourinho reacted quickly on Monday, saying there was no truth in the speculation.
“Am I leaving Real Madrid? There’s no truth in this story. I do not want to say anything more about it,” Mourinho said at a press conference.
“Ask (club president) Florentino Perez whether he’s satisfied with my work. There is no problem. I don’t have to tell you guys what I discuss with the president.”
Madrid are currently preparing for their Champions League Group D match at home against Ajax. The club have already secured progress to the knockout stage of the competition.
You May Also Like
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on