A senior source at the Spanish League says they will do everything possible to reverse the FIFA Council’s decision to increase the size of the tournament from 32 to 48 teams.
Infantino was told that Europe’s professional leagues had to be consulted on all decisions which affected professional footballers.
According to La Liga, that consultation did not take place.
The new format which is to be introduced from 2026 will mean the number of players taking part in the tournament will increase by 50 per cent.
The source said: “We are not happy at all. We are providing extra players but we have not been consulted. We are looking at ways in which we can challenge today’s decision.”
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on
- Treat Diabetes, Asthma, Anemia And Failing Eyesight on
- VIDEO: INDO BABA – Sho Le on
- Making Music With Semah G Has Taught Me To Be Humble – Flavour. on
- Singer Tiwa Savage Stuns In Denim Bum Shorts (Photos) on