…AS PHARRELL, DEMI LOVATO, A$AP ROCKY, OTHERS JOIN PERFORMER LINE-UP
MTV is set to award Kanye West with the VMA’s highest honour, the “Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award,” for his career-spanning groundbreaking videos, legendary VMA performances, and continued impact on music, art, fashion, and culture The award will be presented during the live broadcast of the 2015 “MTV Video Music Awards” on Monday 31 August at 2AM.
MTV has also revealed that Pharrell Williams, Demi Lovato, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Tori Kelly, A$AP Rocky and Twenty One Pilots will be performing at the awards, alongside previously announced performer The Weeknd.
To download an image of the performers, please click here.
The “MTV Video Music Awards” will air live across Africa on MTV (DStv channel 130) from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, on Monday 31 August at 2AM (official pre-show starts at 1AM; the primetime simulcast takes place on MTV/MTV Base on Monday 31 August at 7PM (pre-show) and 8PM (main show, August 26, 2015)
Throughout his career, West has blended musical and visual artistry to powerful effect. From his trilogy of videos for “Jesus Walks,” to the mind-bending animation of “Heartless,” to the arresting imagery of “Bound 2”, he’s pushed boundaries and delivered something new with every successive video.
West joins the prestigious list of past Vanguard recipients including Michael Jackson, Madonna, Peter Gabriel, Guns N’ Roses, Beastie Boys, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and BEYONCÉ.
The 2015 MTV VMAs will feature Miley Cyrus as host. Additional performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.
MTV has teamed up with world-renowned fashion designer Jeremy Scott to redesign the MTV Moonman for the 2015 “MTV Video Music Awards.” As homage to Jeremy and his creative talent, the 2015 VMA Moonman encapsulates the true iconic essence of both the fashion designer and the network. From the distinct color of the TV color bars, to the peace sign necklace, to Jeremy’s signature sneakers, the redesign of statue is part of MTV’s long-standing history of bridging the gap between the world of fashion and music.
Artists who win a 2015 “Video Music Award” will take home a special-edition Jeremy Scott Moonman, which was created exclusively for this year’s show.
The 2015 “MTV Video Music Awards” will air across MTV’s global network of channels in more than 160 countries and territories, reaching more than half a billion households around the world.
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on
- Next Edition Of #BBNaija Must Hold In Nigeria – Censors Board on
- Treat Diabetes, Asthma, Anemia And Failing Eyesight on
- VIDEO: INDO BABA – Sho Le on
- Making Music With Semah G Has Taught Me To Be Humble – Flavour. on
- Singer Tiwa Savage Stuns In Denim Bum Shorts (Photos) on