Four years ago, Nigerian singer, Olamide a.k.a Baddo was just some regular kid growing up in the Heart of Lagos Mainland, Bariga. And even though he insists he is still that Bariga boy, we can’t deny that a lot of things has changed in his life.
His Musical Career And How He Rose To Fame
Born Olamide Adedeji on the 15th day in March 1989, Olamide’s journey to success came with hardwork and perseverance. After hustling on the streets of Bariga for several years, Olamide was saved by ID Cabassa who believed in him when nobody else did.
According to him, music took him away from wandering about the streets to doing the right thing at the right time. After waiting for so many years for his single to be promoted, Olamide was finally signed to ID Cabassa’s Coded Tunez Label where he released his debut album Rapsodi in 2011, yielding several singles, with “Eni Duro” as the lead single.
He left early 2012 and started his own record label ‘YBNL Nation’ where he released two of his three albums. Olamide’s debut offering led to collaborations with other artists, including Wizkid, ID Cabasa, 9ice, Reminisce, D’banj, and others. Olamide’s lead single “Eni Duro” made the top chart of requests on radio stations.
Well loved by the guys on the streets, the rapper has endeared himself to so many and still lives in the street in Lagos unlike his mates pushing themselves into big estates. It’s little wonder his name is chanted wherever he goes.
You May Also Like
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on