Ekiti State Government on Friday 2nd October 2015 commenced clearing works at the proposed airport site in Aso Ayegunle Village of Ado Ekiti.
With the Honourable commissioner for works leading the team from Ekiti State Ministry of Works around 9:30 in the morning, not less than five bulldozers stationed at Aso Ayegunle swung into action immediately.
Ekiti State Governor, Bashorun Ayo Fayose you will recall vowed at a meeting with some stakeholders in his office that all road contractors in the state will be asked to lend the state at least a bulldozer for a month at the site.
Speaking with newsmen at the site, an elated Hon. Kayode Oso explained how a committee was put in place about a month ago by the governor to look into the possibility of achieving the administration’s desire to have an airport in Ekiti at the shortest possible time said the committee within the period reviewed processes that have been on for more than 3 years,met with consultants and professionals in the aviation sector as well as liase with relevant authorities to get the required approval for kick off.
The Hon. Commissioner who said enumerators are still working on crop enumeration so as to ascertain what the cost implication will be as regards payment of compensation to farm owners expressed optimism that the ministry should be done clearing the 4000 hectares of land spanning Ado-Ijan-Igbemo-Ago and Afao Ekiti within the next two months after which the official flag off for the Airport construction will be performed by the executive governor of Ekiti State, H.E Peter Ayodele Fayose.
Oso who described time as the most important factor to businessmen said an airport in Ekiti will definitely open up the state, boost the economy, benefit workers and students coming to the various tertiary institutions in the state as well as create job opportunities for the teeming Ekiti youths.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on