Sharing a photograph of him and the late musician, the lawmaker said “what a dark day”.
In a tweet, Melaye wrote, “Ras Kimono and myself in my village(Aiyetoro Gbede) on 31st December 2017. Legend is gone. What a dark day. RIP my brother and reliable friend.
“Death why! Why! My brother and my friend. Legend Ras Kimono rest in Peace. What a black day! What an unceremonious exit. I love you and will miss you. Sad sad sad.”
The musician passed away on Sunday morning in Lagos.
Ras Kimono, who was known for the hit singles ‘Under pressure’ and ‘We no want,’ was scheduled to travel to the United States, on Saturday night, but complained of not feeling too well.
He was rushed to a hospital in Ikeja, Lagos, then later taken to Lagoon Hospital in the Island.
Music veterans, Tony Okoroji and Sir Shina Peters had confirmed his passing.
You May Also Like
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on
- “I Want To Have $ex With You” – Lady Tells Davido on
- Man Narrowly Escapes Rap£ At A Private Party But The Comments Are Something Else on
- #BBNaija: Teddy A and Bam-Bam Caught Having $ex in the Shower, and It’s E P I C (Watch Video) on