Details about why President Buhari has failed to announce his ministers have emerged.
Nigerian Tribune reports that the delay in the unveiling of the much-awaited ministerial list after President Mohammadu Buhari’s two months in office is connected to the fact that about 33 nominees were found to be linked to malfeasance, fraud and
misappropriation of funds.
While only three out of the 36 nominees successfully passed, it came as a shock to know that 33 nominees
shortlisted by the president failed the corruption test which was based on security reports. It was revealed
to Nigerian Tribune that the nominees penciled in and those submitted by the All Progressives Congress (APC) hierarchy were subjected to scrutiny by the DSS, EFCC, ICPC, CBN, the Force Criminal Investigations Department (FCID), and the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) for forensic screening.
However, the results came as a huge disappointment to the president who planned to have a corruption-free administration.The president was held spellbound by the height of some of these nominees who did not pass the
corruption test. This made the president to reschedule a new date in September for the submission of his list of ministerial nominees to the
Senate for approval. This new list that the president will come up with would have passed the integrity huddle.
A source said: “Buhari has said anybody with skeleton in the closet will not work with him irrespective of
the role he or she played. If such persons are around him, it means he may be pressurised to compromise
his principled stance”.“So they are trying to push him to a corner, because
the truth is that they cannot seem to read or understand his body language. They have now seen that Buhari is ready to sacrifice anybody for Nigeria
to move forward”, the source stated.
Meanwhile, the APC top leaders are reportedly upset over Buhari’s refusal to name his cabinet members after spending over a month in power.
Some APC leaders are worried that the
president’s delay in constituting a cabinet may negatively affect the current administration.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on