BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen confirmed yesterday that the rumors of its first Android device, are indeed accurate.
The report came as a part of the company’s quarterly earnings announcement released Friday, BlackBerry confirmed it would roll out an Android phone in late 2015 and it’s name will be blackberry priv.
“Today, I am confirming our plans to launch Priv, an Android device named after BlackBerry’s heritage and core mission of protecting our customers’ privacy,” BlackBerry CEO John Chen said in a written statement. “Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform.”
He did not provide any significant details such as specs, pricing, or availability but BlackBerry did say that the phone will be called Priv, ie privacy.
Also, BlackBerry’s CEO reaffirmed its commitment to BlackBerry 10 on Friday. The company says it will continue to “develop and enhance the BlackBerry 10 operating system.” The next update for BB10 will be version 10.3.3 rolling out in March.
The official specs of the BlackBerry priv will be revealed in few weeks and there’s a rumor that BlackBerry priv will launch on November.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on