The 18-year-old, who joins the Reds having previously represented Imperial Academy in Nigeria, is to spend the rest of the season on loan with the second-division German side.
Liverpool paid around £400,000 for Awoniyi’s services, according to the Press Association.
“I’ll try to develop myself very well so that when I come back to Liverpool I’ll be able to add value to the team.
“When I’m in the red shirt, I will always give my very best to make the fans happy.”
Awoniyi is a current Nigeria under-23 international. He has also played for the country at the Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups, and earned a call-up to the senior Nigeria squad in 2013.
The news of his signing comes on the same day that three players left Liverpool.
- Meet The Nigerian Who Owns 5 Airports In The United Kingdom on
- ‘‘Guys Never Marry A Lady Above 30, She Is Close To Menopause And Likely To Give Birth To An Imbecile For You’’ – Baker writes on
- Contact Us on
- The Secret Most Nigerian Pastors Will Never Reveal to You About Tithing on
- Oyinbo In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride He Has Never Met, Accepts Islam, Changes Name (Photo) on
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Davido’s New N9.7 Billion Private Jet on
- Man Beats His Wife Black & Blue For Refusing Him $ex On Daily Basis (SEE Photos) on
- See What Happened After Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market on
- #BBNaija: Khloe Explains Why She Was Unhappy When Miracle Won on
- #BBNaija: Cee-C’s Fans Reward Her With N2million Cheque (SEE Photos) on